The Ooty Public School is committed to the cause of quality education. We aim to promote all round development of a child in the areas of physical, intellectual, emotional, social and cultural aspects by providing a positive learning environment. Supportive and enabling learning environment which allows opportunities to explore and discover, challenged to achieve their individual potential, encouraged to pursue their passion and to fulfil their responsibilities. Our goal is to enable students to broaden their vision and sharpen their focus to emerge as capable, responsible caring and ethical world citizens. We value the partnership that exists between the school, parents, the community and the part each plays in realizing this vision.
Our mission is to provide a dynamic educational environment by encouraging excellence. We believe every child has inherent and untapped talents that we strive to unearth and foster through individual attention. The formative years that a child spends at school are perhaps the most instrumental in shaping the future of the child. Recognizing this, the school is deeply committed to providing the children with a stimulating and positive environment that facilitates the development of the children into capable, confident and responsible individuals. The core purpose is to create an inclusive community of confident, motivated and successful learners, and we aim to achieve this by the following measures:
- By recognizing that each child is different and by encouraging the children to reach their optimum potential based on individual ability and to develop lively enquiring and reflective minds.
- By building a strong academic foundation and equipping our children with all the requisite skills required for them to excel in their future endeavors.
- By giving meaning and enjoyment to the students learning experience and by encouraging self motivation, enterprise and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- By providing a balanced and inclusive school curriculum that introduces the children to all aspects of human knowledge and experience.
- By motivating and educating our students to be responsible citizens with particular focus on developing in them a strong character, with personal traits such as kindness, empathy, tolerance, understanding, respect and integrity.
- By inculcating in our children a deep respect for human relationships and diversity irrespective of beliefs, religion, culture or status.